Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why so many goals?

Not too long ago some friends commented on all my goals and projects. They were expressing amazement at how many goals and projects I have. This got me thinking: why do I have so many?

The short answer: I like to keep busy, and when I finish a goal or project I feel a sense of accomplishment.

The long answer: Mr Mellow travels a lot so I have a lot of free time on my hands. I learned years ago that having lots of free time and nothing to do is not the best thing for me emotionally or mentally. If I stay busy I don't have time to dwell on unproductive things.

A lot of the projects on my list are one-time deals: mostly furniture pieces. This is because we've never had much furniture, and we're finally in a position to (frugally) furnish our house with more than just the bare basics. Once I get the furniture finished, I anticipate having more free time for smaller projects and non-project goals.

And let's face it: who doesn't like to cross things off a to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment